What is the Cooperative Education Program (Co-Op)? The Program is an extension of a student’s educational experience which combines academic and technical instruction with employment opportunities. This employment is supervised, on-the-job experience in an industry-specific setting. The program is a partnership between the industry, the school and the student learner. This unique opportunity helps bridge the gap between education and employment through integration of school-based and work-based learning.
Benefits for our Partnering Employers
- The most effective and cost efficient way to recruit a quality employee
- The employer is receiving a worker versed in the language, procedures and vocational/technical routes of the industry.
- Businesses have integral input into how to train the students utilizing latest technologies.
- Employers have the opportunity to observe the cooperative education student in action and consider him/her for permanent employment after graduation.
- By participating in the training of our students, businesses can identify and hire the best-qualified workers for their needs.
- The opportunity for businesses to build a strong partnership with Blue Hills Regional Technical School
If you are interested in learning more about our Cooperative Education Program, please call (781) 828-5800 x327